The MRAAP Project Team strongly believes that good project definition, planning and monitoring based on sound management principles, and proven management techniques are absolutely essential to a successful project which fully satisfies the client’s project requirements.
A project management team includes the A&E team/project manager and project managers of each design, production, quality control, and engineering discipline involved, which will be established. Members of the project management team will work closely with the owner’s representative to develop the major concepts for the project.
To ensure a smoothly running project, the project manager will implement a project management plan to coordinate and closely monitor the involvement of team members and the general contractor’s construction effort. The timely execution of each team member’s responsibility and the organization and coordination of all members of the design group will result in an imaginative, well-conceived project, completed to the satisfaction of the owner. This management technique has proven very successful in maintaining excellent communications with the client and completing projects on time and within budget. The following outline highlights the steps in this approach:
- Project programming meetings
- Outline of finalized program for review and approval
- Review of pertinent codes, guidelines and examination and familiarization with existing facilities by all assigned personnel
- Preparation of a distribution list for meeting notes, design information, memos, etc., to establish lines of communication
- Schedule phases of design in conformance with the approved project schedule
- Monitor conformance to schedule on a weekly basis
- Assignment, adjustment and reassignment of personnel to meet project schedule deadlines as necessary
- In-house design review and coordination meetings on a weekly basis
- Provide periodic cost estimates at critical points during design to assure conformance to Owner’s budget
- Detailed, multi-discipline checks of all drawings, specifications and calculations
- Contract administration and construction monitoring as required by contractual agreement
- Continual overall project review and coordination by A&E team/project manager
- Review finished construction with client to owner’s satisfaction.
- Client satisfaction is our highest priority. We work closely with a client in the preliminary stage of a project to identify and prioritize client needs and concerns. This close interaction continues throughout the design and construction phases, providing a constant source of feedback from the client as the project progresses.
Above all, we believe that our specialty is providing the highest quality design consistent with the client’s needs and budget goals. We believe that each client and every project is different and demands a unique design response. We refuse to impose a standardized set of design solutions on a project. It is this individualized and perceptive approach to design that guarantees a quality project.
CONSTRUCTION MONITORING PLAN
MRAAP typically provides construction monitoring/observation on almost all of its architectural projects. In order to assure that construction services are performed in accord with contract documents, MRAAP’s representative will make weekly or more frequent site visits depending on the client’s preference and directives. This will insure continuity of service from one phase of project work to the next and will enable our team to effectively anticipate and resolve any construction phase problems. As a pledge of our commitment to construction period services, we will make a member of the team available to respond to any critical on-site construction problems on a same day basis to assure the client’s concerns during the construction phase are promptly and answered to satisfaction.
In addition to site inspections, we will provide minutes of site meetings to all parties receiving project status information; processing of shop drawings; preparing contractor pay requests, change orders and record documents; and closing out of the project which includes punch lists, securing warranties and maintenance information. During this portion of the work we will be working closely with the client to assure that conformance to the project schedule and owner’s expectations are achieved.