MRAAP is proud to have earned a solid reputation for the timely and responsive delivery of professional services. This is evidenced by a consistent record of on-time or better conformance to project schedules and timelines. Our extensive work with numerous municipal and other governmental agency clients is distinguished by our diligent and successful control and oversight of project deadlines and schedules.
Our project schedules are always governed by the client’s needs. The project team has been successful in completing design work and monitoring construction efforts to keep projects on schedule. Our staff is very experienced in setting and meeting strict design schedules and anticipates no difficulty in properly scheduling design work. In large part, this is accomplished by careful attention to the following project management techniques:
Design Time Frame
- Architect’s thorough understanding of the owner’s expectations
- Close interaction with client’s representative throughout project activities
- Realistic architectural estimates of the time required to complete design and construction; consultation with the client and the general contractor is a part of this effort
- Use of computer aided design and drafting to carry out work on projects and working with engineering firms that utilize the same computer program
- Staffing and organization of the work effort to assure a smoothly‑running project, free of time‑consuming and costly delays
- Close monitoring of the work by the project manager to assure conformance to schedules and to guarantee product quality
- Regularly‑scheduled progress meetings with involved management personnel
Construction Time Frame
- Ensure the general contractor’s understanding of the owner’s expectations and work outlined in the design documents
- Advise the owner to secure assurances in the construction contract to guarantee punctuality ‑ liquidated damages, etc.
- Monitor construction efforts on a weekly basis, minimally
- Meet with the owner and general contractor on a regularly scheduled basis to insure conformance to schedules and to avoid or mitigate any problems
- For complicated projects, state‑of‑the‑art techniques are utilized to control project activities and monitor slippage from predetermined deadlines; this allows managers immediate access to project status on an activity‑by‑activity basis and enables them to revise schedules and retain control of costs, resources, and target dates